Two subjects: A Paucity of Posts & Faux News Gets it Right!

Okay, so far I’ve had two people email me asking for updates to my blog. Wow! That’s like twice as many readers as I thought I had! I’m so proud!

There are several reasons for the paucity of posts. It started with a bit of writer’s block, then turned worse when life got in my way again. Won went in for surgery last week and I’ve been helping her recover. Before that, I was busy tutoring, and of course there is work too. But I try not to mention that too much.

I do have several offerings in the process of being written, and I hope to get the next one out within a day. So bear with me. I should be back up to posting two to three times per week fairly soon.

It’s not like I don’t have a wealth of things to talk about. There are plenty of non-believer related topics in today’s headlines. Some good for Atheists like me, but most not so good.


Oh, and if you were looking for scary Radio Mystery Theater material you need go no further than the January 11th broadcast of “The Radio Factor” where Bill O'Reilly speaks with Andrew Napolitano (a Faux News senior judicial analyst – what ever that means)
O'REILLY: Doesn't matter -- whatever they are, they have a right to their opinion. But the country's coming down 60-40, basically saying we want to be protected, we do not feel our rights are being violated by the NSA eavesdropping or the [USA] Patriot Act.

NAPOLITANO: Would you feel this way if Hillary [Clinton] were president?

O'REILLY: Yeah.

NAPOLITANO: Because then, you know, the pro-life and the pro-gun will -- they'll be targets of warrantless searches.

O'REILLY: No, but -- not unless they're dealing –

NAPOLITANO: And maybe conservative commentators will be targets of warrantless searches.
Whoo hoo! Who says you can’t get good news coverage from Fox? You can almost see O’Reilly kicking Napolitano under the table in an effort to get him to STFU. How ironically scary for the GOP - it's not quite Twilight Zone or Outer Limits scary, but certainly worthy of the Radio Mystery Theater.

But this is actually a fine point that takes a 2x4 to beat into the heads of those people who have a hard time understanding nuances or shades of gray – you know, Bush supporters.

Remember, if you remove our country’s checks and balances by turning Bush into a Unitary Executive, then you get stuck with the results if your party is voted out of office. The incoming party could use those powers against you! Wow! Warrentless wiretaps of Republicans and NRA supporters! How scary!

Of course, this small problem could be easily solved by the GOP. Dubya even spoke of the solution:
"… are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
And we thought he was joking. Right?

I’ll be back later with more posts. Until next time, pleasant ... dreams!




No comments: