It would have been our 24th Wedding Anniversary

So much has happened since Won died.

I've grieved.  I've pulled myself back together.  I've had help from friends, family and yes, even a professional.

And this spring, I remarried to a wonderful woman who understands that there is a "ghost" in my life; my memories of my late wife.

When we first married, Won and I thought we'd grow old together.  When she got so ill, she started telling me that when she was gone that I should remarry.  I thank her for that kindness, even as I protested when she said it.

My life now is pretty awesome, so I'm not complaining.  However, there are times when I dream about yesterday.

When I’m tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away

~ Boston, "More Than A Feeling"

No comments: