300th post!

This is my obligatory, self-referential 300th post!

I don't have a subject prepared for this post, so I thought I'd just note a few statistics about my site.

First post: 22 Aug 2005
Number of posts: 300


Average posting frequency: 3.4 posts per week (Click on image to enlarge)


Most popular pages:

Label: “Friday in the Atelier”
Testing the Counterfeit Money Detector Pen by DriMark
Main page of The Calladus Blog
Steorn’s Free Lunch – Free Energy? I think not!


Frequency of visitors to The Calladus Blog (Click on image to enlarge)


I'd like to point out that my returning visitor count looks very low due to the way it is calculated. Stat Counter uses 'cookies' to count the number of returning visitors. If the browser in question has cookies turned off, or if the person reads my site through a Blog Reader, then they will often be counted as a unique visitor instead of as a returning visitor. This is why so many different measurements are tracked, to give a better picture of what is going on.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm very happy that I no longer mess up my web statistics when I visit my own site. It was discouraging when half of my web traffic used to be me!

And lastly, I'd like to thank everyone who I've managed to entertain and inform. I'm astonished that several sites have seen fit to link to my articles as source or background material for theirs, and I'm gratified that Googling “Calladus” produces page after page of links back to my writings. Thanks to all my readers – I could not have come even this far without you, so I'll do my best to keep providing content.

No comments: