ID & Creation Science Challenge Update #2

I'm up to a total of 4 suggestions for essay material from Intelligent Design supporters in my original ID & Creationist Challenge, plus one person who has promised me a suggestion. (See first update too)

One Gary Hurd has put down a virtual LIBRARY of suggestions for me, which you can read at the IIDB forum.

Since one of his suggestions crosses with a suggestion from PeteG (via email) I've decided that this constitutes a 'majority opinion', and will be doing my first report on "Icons Of Evolution : Science Or Myth? : Why Much Of What We Teach About Evolution Is Wrong" By Jonathan Wells. I've already ordered it through my library, and will pick it up when it arrives from out of town.

For those Intelligent Design people who disagree with my choice, what can I tell you? You still have a chance to influence which book I pick next!


Perhaps the problem lies in that my readership is too low to get much participation. I dunno. I do get an average of 30 readers a day - about 10 of them unique. So it's not like I'm writing into the void. Plus, this challange has been posted in other (much more) well-read areas.

Perhaps Intelligent Design supporters just are not interested in helping me to enlighten myself?

2 comments:

Gary S. Hurd said...

Mark Perakh
2003 "Unintelligent Design" New York: Prometheus Press

* Worth more than the publisher's price!

Niall Shanks and Richard Dawkins
2004 "God, the Devil, and Darwin: A Critique of Intelligent Design Theory" Oxford University Press

Robert T. Pennock (Editor)
2001 "Intelligent Design Creationism and Its Critics: Philosophical, Theological, and Scientific Perspectives" MIT Press

* Dembski whinned that this didn't reflect his latest "thinking."

Matt Young, Tanner Edis (Editors),
2004 "Why Intelligent Design Fails: A Scientific Critique of the New Creationism" Rutgers University Press
Buy Direct from the publisher

* I am a contributer to this book. The paperback has just been released and has been updated in the appendix on internet resources.

Barbara Carroll Forrest, Paul R. Gross
2004 "Creationism's Trojan Horse: The Wedge of Intelligent Design" Oxford University Press

* Excellent piece of work.

Prof. Forrest was also brilliant in her Dover Panda's Trial testimony.

Scientia said...

Perhaps Intelligent Design supporters just are not interested in helping me to enlighten myself?

Maybe it's sort of like being one of the Elect: you're either enlightened or unenlightened, and stuck with whichever you are. Guess you're a goat, my friend.