Obamamercial

Ronald Reagan's address to the nation after the Challenger disaster was the last time a President spoke eloquently enough to move me. After Reagan, presidential speeches became increasingly uncomfortable for me to watch. Instead, I would wait for the pundits to review the speech the next day. If it was important, I'd skim and read the transcript.

No president, in the last 30 years, has spoken eloquently enough for me to listen to or watch his speech more than twice. In the last 8 years, I've only made it through one or two of Bush Jr.'s speeches - and those were his 9/11 speeches. All of Bush's speeches have been painful.

Since last night I've watched Obama's commercial three times. I've tucked it into this post, below the "read more" link.

On November 4th - vote.

No comments: