Adam and Ewe (Warning, Atheist Humor!)

I’ve been reading Robert Ingersoll again – it’s a refreshing change from researching “Icons of Evolution.” If you are an Agnostic or Atheist, you will appreciate Ingersoll’s speeches.

Col. Ingersoll had me laughing very hard over his description of Genesis chapter 2, from his speech, “Some Mistakes of Moses.” I realized I could riff off of his comedic description and try to be funny. So with apologies to Ingersoll, I’ll attempt some Atheist humor by emulating the good Colonel. (And a dash of Douglas Adams.)
Genesis 2:18-20

And the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make a companion for him.

And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature that was the name thereof.

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field.

And Adam said, “Hey baby, you’re pretty hot! How would you like to be my companion?” And Adam knew his companion, and named her ‘Sheep.’

And the Lord God said, “Oh no. Not again!”

“Let there be light.”

No comments: